Third meeting of the IGF (UN sponsored Internet Governance Forum) took place in Hyderabad from 3rd to 6th December, 2008. NIXI acted as co-host for this event, and took up a number of ramp up activities. These included:
- Sponsoring Host Country website http://www.igf2008.in/ (External website that opens in a new window)
- Seminars on Internet Governance Issues at various locations. eIndia 2008 at Delhi (External website that opens in a new window) (29 July, 2008) and NICT, 2008 in Guwahati on (29 August, 2008) and at S.V. University, Tirupathi (9 September, 2008).
- An Online Capacity Building Course (70 KB) (PDF file that opens in a new window) on IG issues, in association with Diplo Foundation. 30 persons participated in this course and top twelve were given fellowships by NIXI to physically participate in Hyderabad IGF meeting.
NIXI commissioned a series of articles in the monthly magazine i4d (Information for Development).
- Part I: Introduction to Internet Governance Issues
- Part II: Internet Governance Issues - Access
- Part III: Internet Governance Issues - Critical Internet Resources (214 KB) (PDF file that opens in a new window)
- Part IV: Internet Governance Issues - Cybercrime in India (256 KB) (PDF file that opens in a new window)
- Part V: Social networking and Internet governance (126 KB) (PDF file that opens in a new window)
- Part VI: What are the advantages and disadvantages of migrating to IPv6? (101 KB) (PDF file that opens in a new window)
- Part VII: Content monitoring: The debate continues (99.9 KB) (PDF file that opens in a new window)
NIXI thanks ISPAI for overall coordination of Technical Issues, SIFY and BSNL for providing Bandwidth for the event, Tata Communications for webcasting, STPI for sponsoring Gala Dinner and Afilias for sponsoring event managers.